Sunday, March 24, 2019

Our Baby Fiona and the Blue Lappie


March 24, 2019

To my knitting friends -

I love this picture of Fiona Glennann (Yes, she is named after the girl in Burn Notice - one of my all-time favorite shows). She doesn't have a care or worry in the world. She is HUGE, yet still our baby (she is 3 years old now!). She is also fearless. She could just walk in a burning building without fear.It's kinda funny sometimes!

Anyway, about the knitting. Yes, that's why you are reading this. She is laying on and is covered with a blue lappie (what I call a lap blanket) I made. It's made out of 3 different colors of blue made out of Red Heart's new brand of "Soft" yarn. It's so sleek and pretty. I will write down the pattern for you readers when I get a chance, and I will also take a better picture of it.

But a quick review of the pattern is that I did about 5 rows of garter stitch for the top and bottom borders and on the side, I did 5 knit stitches at the beginning and end of each row. Each section is made of 10 rows of stockinette stitches, and at the end of each section I did 2 lines of garter stitch to show the separation. It's very soft and I wanted to use those blues, because we have a new painting in our home with blues in it made by Bryan's mom.

She made our art special for us, and it doesn't look like her usual pieces, but I told her what we kinda wanted and that's what she made for us. You can find my mother-in-law's art page here:

https://www.artbyjonalou.com/

Enjoy.

xoxo,
Michele Kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment