Tuesday, March 26, 2019

What time of the day do you knit?


I used to knit only on the weekends or when I got off work for a short amount of time. I always loved Fridays because that meant I could stay up all night knitting as much as I wanted to. I was a bit of a loner so I didn't have to go out unless I wanted to.

Since I mostly have housewives or stay-at-home moms as friends or followers, hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. My life is much different now, but I do think I have more time for knitting, but it's not like I time it or anything.

On rare occasions, I knit when I wake up. I might do this if I'm not feeling well and plan to be in bed a bit longer but want to keep my hands busy. Now that my CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and EBV (ebsteinn-barr virun) are under control I don't sleep all day.

I like to do specific tasks when I wake up (I will list this in a different blog) and then once my chores are done (which usually never takes place before DH gets home), I work on a difficult knitting project.

I like to take my time during the day (when my mind is sharp) to do something quite hard and then at night, as I am drifting off to sleep, I make garter stitch scarves for the charity I work for.

That charity is called Threads of Compassion, it's a charity that takes in knitted or crocheted scarves and gives them to sexual abuse victims who come in our local emergency rooms. It's a symbol of comfort and compassion.

I NOW knit when my back needs a break. I have serious back issues that have prevented me from doing many things that I used to do, and I am stubborn when it comes to doing my physical therapy exercises. So, during the day I usually watch TV and knit on a difficult project when my bag "gives out" or before bed when I am waiting for my sleeping pills to kick in. I still just work on simple garter scarves for charity at that time.

So, now you HAVE to tell me your story! When do you find the time to knit?

Looking forward to reading your answers!

xoxo,
Michele

0 comments:

Post a Comment