Saturday, March 2, 2019

What is my favorite yarn?


My favorite yarn is Red Heart Super Saver worsted weight yarn. Why is this my favorite yarn? Well in many ways I still consider myself a beginner. Worsted weight yarn is easy to work with. It's a tad rough in a finished product like a baby blanket or washcloth. However, if you use large needles, it makes the knitting project loose and softer. This type of yarn is easy to slide around the needle with. I can work so much faster with worsted weight yarn.


xoxo,
Michele Kelsey
9/18/15

Whoa! It's been nearly 4 years since I ACTUALLY wrote this blog post. Since then I must admit that my taste in yarn has changed. The normal worsted weight Red Heart yarn is too flimsy for my regular long projects. I am working on an anniversary afghan to celebrate Bryan and My's 5 year anniversary.

This project is made up using Bernat's Softee Chunky yarn which is my all time favorite. I must admit though they are making it harder and harder for me to purchase it. I think they are fading it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment